Mango Lime Bars Recipe
The delicious flavors of mangos and limes meld in this scrumptious alternative to the popular lemon bar. This is a guide about mango lime bars recipe
Share on ThriftyFunThis guide contains the following solutions. Have something to add? Please share your solution!
It's mango season! I keep bumping into mango sales so I thought it's time to come up with something new. These mango lime bars are a lot like lemon bars, but less gooey, more pillowy, and of course, more mango-y! The base is a butter shortbread that will melt in your mouth, but still hold up the custardy topping. You will love these. If you prefer super tart, go with two limes instead of one; the consistency will still hold up.
Total Time: 45 minutes
Yield: 16 bars
- 1 1/4 cup all purpose flour
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1/3 cup cold butter, cut into little squares
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 3 Tbsp all purpose flour
- 2 large eggs
- 2 large mangoes
- 1 medium lime (2 if you like tart)
- 2 Tbsp powdered sugar (optional, for top)
- Preheat oven to 350 F. Lightly grease a 9x9" baking dish. (I've been successful with other sizes and pan types making bars). In a bowl, combine flour, salt, and sugar. Mix well.
- Cut the cold little squares of butter into the flour mixture. I just quickly squeeze them by hand until the consistency is like coarse sand. You could also use a food processor or two knives.
- Dump into prepared baking dish and press firmly into an even layer. Bake for about 15 minutes at 350 F, until set at the edges.
- While the crust is baking, prepare the mango lime top. Peel and pit the mangoes and puree in a blender or food processor.
- In a bowl, whisk together sugar and flour.
- Beat in the eggs.
- Zest your lime(s) into the egg mixture, then squeeze in its juice.
- Add mango puree. Mix well.
- Pour the mango lime filling over the hot crust when it's done baking. Spread evenly.
- Return baking dish to the 350 F oven and bake for 20-25 minutes, until the filling is set.
- Cool complete. Dust with powdered sugar, if desired. Cut into bars. Store bars in refrigerator.