Marinated Creamy Ranch Chicken and Rice
A creamy ranch flavored chicken and rice main dish. Homecooking that is loved by my family.
Total Time: 45 minutes cooking time
Yield: 4 servings
- 1 lb boneless, skinless chicken breasts, sliced into strips
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 1 stalk celery, chopped
- 1 clove garlic, chopped
- 1 8 oz. bottle light Ranch style Dressing
- 2 Uncle Ben's White Rice, cooked by box directions
- seasonings, as desired
- Start early in the day by slicing chicken, putting it in a covered glass dish. pour over it, 1/2 bottle of Light Ranch Style Dressing. Mix it well, and refrigerate it for at least two - four hours, stirring frequently.
- Using a large covered skillet, use 2 Tbsp. of olive oil, heat and add each piece of chicken coated with the salad dressing and pour extra dressing from glass dish in the pan. Keep stirring the chicken or it will stick. Lower heat if it sticks.
- When it starts cooking, cover skillet, let it cook for about 10 minutes. then add onion, celery, garlic and seasonings. Stir in well.
- When it starts to boil, reduce heat to simmer, cover and cook for 30 minutes.
- Serve chicken and sauce over cooked white rice and serve with a fresh steamed broccoli.This sauce is delicious over the broccoli too.
Add your voice! Click below to comment. ThriftyFun is powered by your wisdom!