Salsa Chicken and Rice Recipes
Silver Post Medal for All Time! 355 Posts
May 12, 2019
Read More Comments
This was a fun, easy and very tasty dish to make. It has lots of different flavors!
- 1 boneless skinless chicken breast, sliced in thin slices
- 1 jar (12 oz) salsa...mild, med, or hot
- Seasonings (for the chicken); just a sprinkle of each over the chicken before you cook it. Season salt, black pepper, garlic powder, and onion powder. Stirring it in well
- 2 Tbsp olive oil
- 2 Tbsp butter
- 1 large Roma (plum) tomato, diced
- 1/3 cup chopped scallions
- 2 Tbsp chopped fresh basil
- 2 garlic cloves, thin sliced
- 1 can sliced black olives
- 2 Tbsp sugar
- Make 2 cups of long grain white rice, as directed
- Preheat skillet with olive oil and butter.
- Season the sliced chicken strips with seasonings and toss until coated.
- Drop into the hot oil, turning to brown on both sides. Remove to a plate with a paper towel.
- Carefully drain off the oil, keeping the spices and juices. Return the pan to the stove on medium heat. Add, the salsa, let that get hot. Then add diced fresh tomatoes, scallions, basil, sliced garlic, and add the sugar.
- Carefully stir and cook on medium heat for about 10 minutes. Turn heat off and cover.
- Make the rice. Serve with the rice on the bottom, chicken, then spoon the salsa sauce and add the sliced black olives! This was yummy!
Share on ThriftyFunThis page contains the following solutions. Have something to add? Please share your solution!
You can use either regular rice or instant rice. While the rice is cooking, brown chicken breasts in a little oil. I always like to add a little salsa too. When the rice is done, pour salsa in and stir to mix well.Read More...
Published by ThriftyFun.
© 1997-2022 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved.