Mashed Potato Casserole Recipes
A yummy casserole can be made with left over or freshly mashed potatoes. This page contains mashed potato casserole recipes
Share on ThriftyFunThis page contains the following solutions. Have something to add? Please share your solution!
This recipe is easy to make and uses only a few ingredients.
Total Time: 45 minutes
Yield: 8 servings
- 1 lb hamburger
- 3 large potatoes, peeled and cubed
- 1 large onion, diced
- 2 cans cream of mushroom soup
- 1/2 tsp oregano, crushed
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- 1/4 cup water
- 1 cup cheese (cheddar or parmesan)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Peel, rinse, and cube potatoes. Cook in boiling water until soft.
- Dice onions. Brown hamburger in a large skillet. Then add onion and cook until soft.
- In a 9 x 13 in. casserole pan, combine soup and water. Pour in hamburger mixture and mix well.
- Add garlic powder and oregano. Stir to combine. (Note: I recommend putting the oregano in your hand and crushing it with your thumb before adding it.)
- Strain cooked potatoes and return them to the pot. Add 2 Tbsp. butter and 1/4 c. milk. Mash with a potato masher. Salt and pepper to taste.
- Spoon mashed potatoes into casserole pan and spread over soup mixture. Top with cheese.
- Bake at 350 degrees F for 30 minutes or until bubbly.
August 4, 20050 found this helpful
Nice to fix a day ahead and heat when needed. Allow extra time to bake if starting cold.Read More...
December 12, 20160 found this helpful
Mashed potatoes can easily be made ahead of time to make meal planning and dinner preparation easier. This page contains make ahead mashed potatoes recipes.