Mashed Potato and Hamburger Casserole
Gold Post Medal for All Time! 899 Posts
December 4, 2013
My mom has made this recipe many times and I love it! It is a great way to use up leftover mashed potatoes after the holidays. :)
Total Time: 45-60 minutes
Yield: 8 servings
- 4 -6 cups mashed potatoes
- 1 lb hamburger
- 1 small onion, diced
- 1 -2 cups cheese, grated
- 1/2 tsp oregano
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- 1 can cream of mushroom soup
- 1/2 can water
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Dice onion and set aside.
- Prepare mashed potatoes or heat up leftover mashed potatoes.
- Brown hamburger, adding onions towards the end. Cook until onions are soft.
- Add crushed oregano and garlic powder, stirring to combine.
- Add cream of mushroom soup. Then fill can 1/2 full of water, stir to remove any leftover soup, and pour into pan. Bring to a boil.
- Pour hamburger gravy into a casserole pan.
- Top with mashed potatoes, spreading out evenly over gravy.
- Sprinkle cheese on top. Bake for 20-30 minutes or until cheese and gravy are bubbly.
This video shows you a great way to use up leftover mashed potatoes. This casserole is a wonderful comfort food dish.
Published by ThriftyFun.
© 1997-2021 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved.