Mashed Potato and Hamburger Casserole
Casseroles topped with mashed potatoes are almost infinitely variable, with a simple change of ingredients. This is a good way to use leftovers. This is a page about mashed potato and hamburger casserole
Share on ThriftyFunThis page contains the following solutions. Have something to add? Please share your solution!
My mom has made this recipe many times and I love it! It is a great way to use up leftover mashed potatoes after the holidays. :)
Total Time: 45-60 minutes
Yield: 8 servings
- 4 -6 cups mashed potatoes
- 1 lb hamburger
- 1 small onion, diced
- 1 -2 cups cheese, grated
- 1/2 tsp oregano
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- 1 can cream of mushroom soup
- 1/2 can water
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Dice onion and set aside.
- Prepare mashed potatoes or heat up leftover mashed potatoes.
- Brown hamburger, adding onions towards the end. Cook until onions are soft.
- Add crushed oregano and garlic powder, stirring to combine.
- Add cream of mushroom soup. Then fill can 1/2 full of water, stir to remove any leftover soup, and pour into pan. Bring to a boil.
- Pour hamburger gravy into a casserole pan.
- Top with mashed potatoes, spreading out evenly over gravy.
- Sprinkle cheese on top. Bake for 20-30 minutes or until cheese and gravy are bubbly.
This video shows you a great way to use up leftover mashed potatoes. This casserole is a wonderful comfort food dish.