Masking Tape to Keep Rugs from Slipping

I can guarantee that this works. Rugs on hard floors stop slipping if you roll masking tape (the kind that vehicle painters use, which can be bought at any hardware store) at least 5 times around your hand and apply to each corner of the rug. The tape will not damage any tiles or even wooden flooring

I tried this just because I couldn't believe it could possibly be that easy. Well, 3 hours, 4 kids and 7 dogs later of in & out that door, that rug hasn't budged! I've been battling that area for 11 years, so thank you!

I'm trying to understand what your directions mean as far as rolling the tape around your hand five times? Are you just looking to get five layers (of strips) for each corner? Also, is this the kind of automotive tape you are referring to? http://www.orei  85&ppt=C0404
Would love to try this, but am hoping for some clarification first. TIA.

no they mean blue masking painters tape sold at home depot, walmart or hardware stores. and yes five layers

Anonymous

this worked for me, good idea, and why didn't i think of that.