Keep Throw Rugs In Place

To keep rugs from sliding: Instead of buying those expensive mats, you can use a roll of the rubber shelf liner you can buy at the dollar store.

By Carmen Connell from Daytona Beach, FL

You need to periodically check the shelf liner if that is what you decide to use because it can eventually harden and will no longer prevent the rug from slipping - from personal experience.

I tried the shelf liner - it only works if you cover the entire area under the rug,... which I didn't. Although, I must admit it does keep the rug from slipping if you step on an area that has the shelf liner under it. Step anywhere else..... and away you go.....
So be sure to cut enough to back the entire rug.

These actually still slide on the floor. You need a heavier duty rubber.

Just a quick tip on the command hooks that you used. I used one of my Stampin Up unused stamp blocks and put one of those pieces on it and for easy removal of the other half that is on the wall/floor, you press the wood block with the match to is and it comes off easily!

Learned from lots of those that it isnt easy to remove without the alternate piece there not like the regular hooks are but this works great! I made one from a scrap of a furring strip for my daughter.