Prescription DrugsHealth & Beauty

Mason Jars for Storing Daily Medication

I have tried this and that, and finally found the best way to take my medications. They have mini mason jars for 2/$1.00 at the Dollar Tree. This is 7 jars, one for each day. I have a big "I" on the top to remind me to take my insulin in the AM.

When I fill the jars, I then put them in a kitchen drawer lined up. There is no need to do them by days, as the meds are always the same. Once each day is over, I put it upside down so I can see that it's empty. On the evening of the 7th day, I fill them all over again.

This really helps me to keep everything straight, sanitary and easy to remember. Hope that helps!

Go to the nearest Dollar Store and get a "Dosette". It is a light weight plastic container that holds seven daily racks, each with four little boxes with hinged lids. Each little box holds a bunch of pills for somebody with diabetes, heart plus some other ailments. AND your vitamins!
In the morning you take out the 1/2" x 1/2" x 4" rack for that day, slip it into a shirt pocket or purse, and you are set for the day.

No need to lug a big box around.

The whole dosette with 7 daily sticks measures about 4" x 5" by 1/2" thick, approximately, and precisely fits into an old DayPlanner or similar little folder.

Airport security is familiar with dosettes and does not raise a fuss.
I have used them for about 10 years and have not worn one out yet. They cost a dollar at your nearest dollar store.

Anonymous

I bought one once and found it to be too little room and the little flaps were hard to open.

I bought some of those once and they didn't work. My pills are too big and the other is the little lids were so hard to get open I just donated it. I bought it from Amazon, too. Wish I had known it was available at the Dollar Tree!