Gold Post Medal for All Time! 555 Posts
January 26, 2016
Who says you can't play with your food? Have a little fun with boring meatloaf by shaping them like cupcakes! Top with mashed potatoes and a dot of ketchup on top. Gave everyone a laugh when I served it. It could also be a cute April Fool's dinner for the family.
Total Time: 45 minutes
Yield: 16 individual cupcakes
- 1 1/2 lb ground meat (I used beef)
- 1/2 cup bread crumbs
- pinch of your favorite spices (I use fresh basil, garlic, cumin)
- 1/2 onion, diced
- 1 egg
- instant mashed potatoes for "icing
- Mix together meat with spices, egg, and bread crumbs.
- Form into small balls the size of your palm, and add to muffin tins.
- Cook at 375 degrees F for 30 to 45 minutes or until done to your liking.
- Whip up some mashed potatoes (not shown here since I made them from scratch).
- Place one big dollop of potatoes on top of individual meatballs. You may use a pastry bag if you really want them to look like icing. I used an ice scoop.
- Dot the mashed potatoes with a "cherry" of ketchup on top.
Note: I actually froze one tray of six for later use since we were only 3 people and didn't need all those 'cupcakes' at one meal.
January 28, 20160 found this helpful
I'm going to try this with my 3 yr old grand-daughter who spends the entire day with me from 5:30am > 6pm. She won't eat an evening meal........
She loves fruit . ( and sweets of course ). I may even place them in pretty "frozen" cupcake papers. Wish me luck. :)
Published by ThriftyFun.
© 1997-2022 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved.