Medication Reminder Software Suggestions

A computer application can help you when there is a need to administer medicine. You want to make sure you stay on an effective schedule. This guide is about medication reminder software suggestions.

My 21 year old son is epileptic and autistic and spends a lot of time on his computer playing games. While he is fine with language, his concept of time is non existent. I would like him to take more responsibility for himself, for his own sake, and I was wondering if there is a program that can be downloaded onto his computer (he uses Windows 8) which will remind him, sort of like a pop-up, to take his meds so I don't have to keep reminding him myself? I'm not always around when his meds are due and it is crucial that his meds are taken at specific times of the day. I can't use an alarm clock as unfortunately, my son is also deaf.

By Cett

Answers

If you have a calendar on your computer (I have one with my g-mail) you can list your times with reminders, and make it a pop-up or a message or an email and it will remind you. You make it a forever reminder and it will continue to remind you until you stop it. I do this with my evening meds and several meetings I forget to go to. Good luck with it!

The Calendar App with Google Chrome does this. It is free at the Google store. I would think most calendar software does this.