Medijel for Denture Pain

I had all my teeth out in Jan 2014, lower and upper. My dentist told me to go to him on the 8th week exactly to get impressions made for dentures, I did this and he took them. Two weeks later, I went in and they were made but did not fit properly. He took them for another 8 days or so and did the cutting down, etc. So in total, I waited for 16 weeks before he eventually gave them to me.

The top set are totally no problem at all. They fit perfectly and he waited until the gums had gone a bit harder. I can wear them without any problems, no fixing gooey mess, etc. The bottom ones are so painful I can't do it. He told me they would take a long time to harden and it seems he is right.

However, I found that Medijel gel works really well as it numbs the area. I get it from the pound shop, BTW. It is quite expensive from a chemist. I now put in the bottom set for a few hours a day. You really have to wait until the gums are healed. Yes, I did get shards of tooth coming out all over the gums after the op. Keep on trying and don't give up. If our Grannys did it we can, and I am 47. They got so thin with acid erosion that they were loose. It is not great but keep on going and if they are not tight, go back and sort it out.

Sorry this is long but it proves that persistence pays off. Go get medijel gel and rub it around the gums every few hours. When it wears off, take them out and then have a rest . Good luck peeps, cos it will get better. I ate mashed up stuff for 16 weeks but, hey, I lost weight.

lol! It took me awhile to figure out that the "pound store" would be the dollar store in the US. Good post!

What's the best result for ulcers in the mouth with false teeth?

Good to know I wonder what a pound store was thanks for your help

It was a good story even though you lost your teeth. As far as the weight lost. It goes to show that there is a silver lining in everything. LOL

Yes, sorry I should have said any dollar store/pound shop over here but it really does help a lot. It was horrible that my teeth were eroded by acid reflux but hey yep I am still losing weight and if I lose too much (is there such a thing) then I will scoff a lot of chocolate instead. Eating ice to soothe the sore gums works and so does putting your teeth in the freezer, make sure you have dentures though as your head would get v cold.

LOL.

You have to laugh about it or what is the alternative. But maybe someone has better ideas so it is worth it to keep updating or checking the thread. I have yet to actually eat with them in not even the top ones but anything shoved in a slow cooker for long enough will fall apart and be able to be eaten, I call it my baby food diet with larger portions. Thanks for the feedback on my post.

I've lost 20 lbs since having my teeth pulled!

A friend of mine that gone through the experience of getting dentures a few years ago suggested using Ambisol for mouth pain. I'm thinking of using the Orajel that I have left for the pain.

Anonymous

I didn't loose any weight. If I had I wouldn't mind. My bottoms don't stay in I use adhesive no help it has been over a year. Can I make the dentist do anything that will not cost me.

They are suppose to be guaranteed hardly anything for bottom to hold on. Shouldn't he have known that after pulling. Gave a trial pair immediately then the permanent pair

I'm on my 4th day of wearing dentures today, Friday 1/27/17. I had them pulled on Monday 1/23/17. The top fits and hasn't been removed. I gargle with room temp salty water. The bottom is extremely sore, it pops out, the gums are cut on the left bottom side, I can't eat because of it, no mash potatoes, popsicles, rice etc. The dentist told me I have to try, it's just too damn painful, so I decided today that I can't, so I take them out and eat, rinse with water put Oragel on and take pain pills and put them back in.

I came this far, I'm being patient with myself. This is a process and my bottom gums are too sore and need to heel. I'm gonna treat my gums like I did my 2 daughters when they were babies. I have a teething ring and keep massaging my gums. Is it too soon to be complaining?

Discomfort means you are just not used to them. Actual pain is from poor workmanship and sharp corners.

I have fibromyalgia and I also make my own pain rub. It's made of coconut oil and hemp herb. I have been using this on my lower plate because it is often painful. This will help heal the sores caused by the denture.

It also takes the pain away - which makes me so happy! I have a friend who uses my rub and I told her to try it on her dentures. She finally tried it and then she told me she doesn't put her dentures in with out using my pain rub...

Thank you, I'll try it.

My name is Jennie, single parent and found out that my guess obatwere to what my drs assistant told me this story of a older lady ,by the way I'm 47 as well . But drs assistant said that I'll be fine ,no problem, how this one lady went into work that very next day. Not that bad of pain and she'd has same thing done that I was about to get . Bull and crap n why notmyseelf receiving best fitting ever n not so trying my patience dentures .no warning of No eating no life outside unless with out bottoms on Ty forvyour time

A dentist is suggesting I have my upper gums shaved. I don't see the reason, I am scared he's doing this just for money. Going to get a few opinions

My top plates have always fitted good, but with every set of Dentures that I've had, my bottom one really hurts. On my bottom gums, the inside of them in the middle I can feel the bone on each side under my gums, so I've had to use Fixodent, once I get my dentures over the bones. After a while both my mom and I get headaches from the pressure that Dentures seem to put against our Palets. Feels like a Sinus infection feels so they come out when not needed.

Anonymous

Thank you for that info. I may have to use it.

Coconut oil works perfect hold in month for 5 mins and sit out or swallow.

The problem I'm having is that I had them all removed on Friday and my dentures put straight in. I new Friday evening when the anesthesia started to wear off that something wasn't right. But because I couldn't talk right and I couldn't make anyone listen not even my husband. With it being a holiday week-end nobody has been back in the office. Evidently when they put my bottom denture in it pushed a large amount of skin down inside my mouth. With me not being able to see because of the swelling the dentures and the blood and nobody listening to me or trying to understand me now I have a large hard ridge a skin in the bottom of my gum. My top dentures fit as expected a couple of sore spots but the bottom ones I cannot even put in my mouth now.

Health & Beauty Home RemediesApril 7, 2014
🎃