CarsRepair

Ml350 Headliner Has a Stain Due to Sunroof Leak

My Ml350 has a water stain on the headliner. I was told the tubes that drain the sunroof are clogged, but it's been raining for a whole week and the headliner is still dry. Is it possible the the the clog has been resolved? Or the stains are due to the window being left open? They are asking $3000 to repair it, but I'm not sure if anything is wrong now.

Please help. Thanks in advance!

Buy some upholstery shampoo and apply it with gentle circular motions. That should remove most, if not all, of the stain.

Is the $3,000 to fix tubes or remove stains?

Perhaps a second opinion is needed as you want to know the issue is resolved before working on stain removal.

Post back what you learn!

For $3000 I believe I would wait until I know for sure there really is a problem with the drainage.
Sometimes a second opinion is a good idea (without disclosing what the original said).
Have you had the car since new and if so, do you remember ever having the sunroof open for even a few minutes during a rain?

Sometimes a sunroof is not sealed properly and it will leak occasionally so I would ask about that also.
You might ask your question at several auto parts stores as they have seen a lot of this and might be able to help you with any future leaks as well as what to use for the stain removal.