Mock Tuna Salad
This vegetarian option is made with garbanzo beans instead of tuna for a different twist on an old favorite. A great way to add more fiber and protein to your diet without the fishy taste.
Total Time: 15 minutes
Yield: 1 cup
- 1 cup garbanzo beans, rinsed, drained and mashed coarsely with a fork
- 2 Tbsp mayo
- 1-2 Tbsp sweet pickle relish
- fresh lemon juice or 1/2 tsp vinegar, any kind
- salt and pepper to taste
- Microwave beans briefly (1-2 minutes) to soften, then mash coarsely with fork. Add the rest of the ingredients and season with salt and pepper.
- Serve with crackers, sliced tomatoes, or on toast.
Add your voice! Click below to comment. ThriftyFun is powered by your wisdom!