Making Vegetarian Mock Tuna Salad
Garbanzo beans stand in for tuna in this delicious salad. This is a guide about making vegetarian mock tuna salad.
Share on ThriftyFunThis guide contains the following solutions. Have something to add? Please share your solution!
This vegetarian option is made with garbanzo beans instead of tuna for a different twist on an old favorite. A great way to add more fiber and protein to your diet without the fishy taste.
Total Time: 15 minutes
Yield: 1 cup
- 1 cup garbanzo beans, rinsed, drained and mashed coarsely with a fork
- 2 Tbsp mayo
- 1-2 Tbsp sweet pickle relish
- fresh lemon juice or 1/2 tsp vinegar, any kind
- salt and pepper to taste
- Microwave beans briefly (1-2 minutes) to soften, then mash coarsely with fork. Add the rest of the ingredients and season with salt and pepper.
- Serve with crackers, sliced tomatoes, or on toast.