Molasses Sugar Cookie Recipes
The distinctive flavor of molasses and the sugar sprinkles make for a delicious cookie. This page contains molasses sugar cookie recipes
Share on ThriftyFunThis page contains the following solutions. Have something to add? Please share your solution!
February 16, 2015
Read More Comments
Instead of making the same old traditional chocolate chip cookies, I thought I'd try baking some molasses cookies. I've never made them before, so I was a little weary at first because of the name. But boy was I wrong, These cookies are awesome! So, try'em sometime, you'll love them!
Total Time: 20 in prep
Yield: 24 cookies
- 2 1/3 cup whole wheat flour
- 1 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1 tsp ground ginger
- 1/2 tsp ground cloves
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 3/4 cup butter, (1 1/2 sticks) room temperature
- 3/4 cup brown sugar, packed
- 1 egg
- 1/3 cup dark molasses
- 1/3 cup white sugar for rolling
- First, whisk together all of your dry ingredients. Then, in another bowl with your electric mixer, mix the butter and brown sugar.
- Once your dough is thoroughly combined, put in the fridge for 30 minutes.
- Next grease your cookie sheet, and then get a bowl to put your white sugar in. Roll your dough into balls, then roll them in your bowl of sugar. When you have all your cookies on the cookie sheet, bake for 13 minutes.
- Then enjoy, I know we will!
This is a crisp spice cookie. I make them every Christmas and give some away for gifts. They were my late mother's favorite and it reminds me of her when I make them.
Total Time: About 15 minutes plus 1 hour chilling and 8-10 min.baking time
Yield: Approximately 3 doz.
Source: A recipe on the bottle of Brer Rabbit Molasses
- 3/4 cup shortening
- 1 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup molasses
- 1 egg
- 2 tsp baking soda
- 2 cups flour
- 1/2 tsp cloves
- 1/2 tsp ginger
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp salt
- Melt the shortening in a 3 or 4 quart saucepan over low heat. Remove from heat and let cool. Then add sugar, molasses and egg and beat well using an electric hand mixer.
- In a separate bowl combine the flour with the rest of the dry ingredients.
- Mix the wet and dry ingredients together. Chill for 1 hour.
- Form into 1 inch balls and roll in granulated sugar. Place on a greased cookie sheet, a silicon mat or parchment paper. Space about 2 inches apart.
- Bake at 375ºF for 8-10 minutes.
Cream shortening and sugar. Add molasses and egg, beating well. Sift flour, soda, spices, and salt. Add to first mixture. Mix well. Chill, then form 1 inch balls.Read More...
Published by ThriftyFun.
© 1997-2020 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved.