Monogram Initial Picture Frame Art

I made this monogram initial picture frame for friend who is expecting. I thought it would be a nice simple pre-Mother's Day gift. This technique can be used for party accents, weddings, and home decor.

Total Time: 45 minutes

1. Buy or find a picture frame you would like to use. Figure out the base color paper you want and cut to fit your frame. I used kraft paper.
  2. Freehand your initial letter and use an X-acto knife to cut it out. I ended up drawing a rounded T, but I figured out straight edges would be best.
  3. Using the same base color (kraft), I cut thin 1/4" strips. It is up to you how thick you want your strips to be.
  4. On the back of the letter, apply tape around the edges and go along the edges with the 1/4" strips.
  5. You can leave your letter as is (white), or use washi tape like I did to enhance the letter. Then glue to secure the letter to your base paper.
  6. You can be done at this step, but it felt plain so I cut more strips of 1/4" paper in teal and pink and wrapped around wooden stick for a swirl effect.
  7. Make enough to be able to glue and secure to the outside of the letter for a nice touch.

Turned out great! I also like how you always seem to use letters from my life in your crafts: A, M, and T. Tee-hee! Have a great week!!!

Thank you! I liked how it turned out too. :) Heheh Yes A&M especially.