Morning Entertainment (Toad)

Photo Description
Although it's not the most beautiful feature on my patio, it's one of the most entertaining. Even though I have always known toads are a good form of insect control, I'd never been very fond of them. That is until this little fellow I named Fred started showing up on our patio every evening and morning. If I go outside early in the morning, I can watch him make his journey from the patio up a container with rough edges and over into a larger container where my asparagus fern is planted. He will nestle into the dirt where it's cool and damp. I actually enjoy the morning entertainment he provides.

Photo Location
This photo was taken in Asheboro, NC

Awww, Fred is adorable. I can imagine how entertaining that little guy is.

We have a little lizard, (Lenny) that we often see looking for insects in the mornings on our backyard wall.

Your little Fred there is too cute! I sure do appreciate seeing all the activity of any kind of little creatures when they're doing what they do.

Reply Like this photo? Yes

Neat to watch our "untamed" pets.
Many people think I have "lost it" when they hear me talk to these little creatures - but, that's okay, I probably sleep better at night than many of them.
Thanks for sharing Fred with us.

Reply Like this photo? Yes

I think it's important to take time to observe and appreciate all aspects of nature. I'm glad to know someone else appreciates toad, lizards and other "untamed" pets.

Reply Like this photo? Yes

Photos WildlifeJuly 9, 2018
🌻
🎃
🎂