Moroccan Chicken Recipes
Diamond Post Medal for All Time! 1,246 Posts
May 13, 2018
This is a hearty and healthy Moroccan stew that's easy to make. It's packed full of veggies and protein, and can be served on a bed of couscous or mopped up with pieces of bread. This tagine uses preserved lemons to create its one-of-a-kind complex flavour. I've attached my recipe for the lemons below.
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 1 hour
Total Time: 1 hour 10 minutes
Yield: 4 servings
Link: Moroccan Preserved Lemons Recipe
- 2 boneless skinless chicken thighs, cut into 6 pieces
- 1 carrot, rough chopped
- 1 summer squash, rough chopped (can use any squash)
- 1 medium green bell pepper, rough chopped
- 2 large roma tomatoes, quartered
- 1/4 cup cooked chick peas
- 1 medium onion, finely chopped
- 1 clove garlic, crushed
- 1 tsp raw ginger, crushed
- 1 Tbsp sweet paprika powder
- 1 tsp coriander seed powder
- 1 tsp cumin powder
- 1 tsp turmeric powder
- 1/2 tsp allspice (or cinnamon)
- 1/2 tsp chili powder
- 3 Tbsp olive oil
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1/2 preserved lemon
- Heat oil in pan over medium heat. Add onion and cook a couple minutes until softened.
- Add garlic, ginger, and chicken pieces. Fry until chicken is no longer pink on all sides.
- Add enough water to cover the chicken, then all the spices. Scoop out the flesh of the preserved lemon and add to the pot. Bring to a boil, then reduce heat and simmer for about 15 minutes.
- Slice up the skin of the preserved lemon and set aside.
- Add all the vegetables and chickpeas to the pot. Cover and cook for 20 minutes.
- Remove lid, add strips of preserved lemon skin to the pot, cover and cook another 10 minutes. Serve with couscous or bread.
This healthy and delicious chicken recipe is a meal your family will want again and again. This page contains Moroccan chicken thighs recipe.
The combination of spices is what defines this north African cuisine influenced dish. This page contains a roast Moroccan chicken recipe.
Published by ThriftyFun.
© 1997-2021 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved.