Mosquito Repellents for Young Children

Category Mosquitoes
Mosquito bites on a young child.
Use care and do your research when choosing an insect repellent to use on young children. This is a guide about mosquito repellents for young children.

Can anyone advise on an insect repellent for a toddler (2 yrs old)? I used to buy Skin So Soft by Avon, but I haven't been able to find it lately.

By Onesummer

We order the original S-S-S directly from the company's website. It's not as fun as having a real, live Avon Lady, but at least we can always find the product!

The site will try to offer you an Avon lady's contact details, too. She (or he, there are men taking up selling Avon now too) will be able to order the original for you and will have advance notice of any upcoming offers on it, so you may want to consider that option. (Unless like me, lol, having access to that brochure is toooooooo tempting for your financial safety-for me it's a better bargain to order from the company website if only to avoid having that too tempting brochure lurking in my house!)

Be sure to order only the bottle marked 'original' because the newer products in the S-S-S line don't have the same repelling success as the original. The newer products have added scents and frankly I've found those actually attract skeeters!

You can sometimes find it in the US at flea market stalls, in the UK at market stalls and car boot sales. But the stalls aren't as reliable as the website-sometimes the stall has it, and sometimes it doesn't.

We live in the UK now and the big pest here in Scotland are midges. Thankfully S-S-S Original works every bit as well against midges as it does against mosquitoes.

I have good luck with Listerine, the original yellowish colored one. I put it in a spray bottle and spray the whole perimeter. I think it would be fine to spray the child, too.

you can order that online if you can not fine an avon saleman, also listermine mouth wash, I can a spray bottle with it outside to spray my grand son, because to blood sucker love him, and when they bite him the spots swellup on like knots, my son-in-law thought he had fallen, and the doctor said is allegic to the mosquito bites, I hear works good, and Bounce fabric softener, But I just spray him with Deep Wood Off, I just stock up on it every year.