Mosquito Trap

Today, I made two mosquito traps from soda bottles. I did not have any black construction paper but did have black ground cloth. I cut a piece to cover the bottle and stapled the fabric on the bottom so it would sit flat. This should last longer than paper. Using duct tape, I secured the fabric and the two pieces of the bottle. Now I am ready to see how many mosquitoes I trap today.

What's the recipe for the mixture you put in the bottle to attract mosquitoes?

There is another post, which I think inspired this one. They suggest using a simple syrup to attract the mosquitos.

http://www.thri  9273276.tip.html

How did the mosquito work for you?

Ok so it's been 1 year since you made this trap :) Can you please tell me how it worked? We are experiencing our worst mosquito invasion up here in Northern California OMG It's horrible! I am actually having trouble sleeping because I kill so many in my bedroom before turning out my lights. :(

I have always spray painted my 2 liters with Black Paint. Last forever , and everybody has a can of Black Paint on a shelf

Umm you stapled the bottom!?!? Wouldn't your mixtures just drain out then?

I think she wrapped the fabric around the bottom half and then stapled the fabric together to remain flat, not through the bottle itself. Many people use construction paper or some other black material and glue so that might be a better solution for you.

Home and Garden Pest Control MosquitoesJune 30, 2015
🌻
🎂
📓