Sewing MachinesMachines

Motor Pulley Moves on Singer 513 Stylist

I have a Singer 513 Stylist. Recently the motor pulley started pulling away from the motor during operation. I simply push it back in and the machine continues until the pulley pulls away from the motor again. What can I use to keep the pulley from pulling away?

Thank you.

You may have to replace the motor belt.

Here is a YouTube video that may help (first link) and a second link with some written info:

www.youtube.com/watch?v=sXJeYLrWgUU

www.shop.sew-classic.com/.../Sewing%20Machine%20Belt%20Size%20and...

If these don't help, you can always call their customer service and see if they have a suggestion:

www.singer.com/support

The links unfortunately not helpful. I did call Singer Support and they referred me to a Singer Tech who suggested replacing the pulley knob. Waiting to hear back from him to see if he has the part.

The problem was that the motor pulley (black knob) is slipping off the spindle that is attached to the motor. And in turn is not turning the belt. The belt appears to be in good condition. Thank you for your input. I will post an update.

Sorry to hear the links didn't help, but hopefully the tech support will get you up and stitching soon. Will look forward to hearing how this was resolved! Good luck!! Thanks!