Mouse Urine Odor in Range and Oven

I have a mouse infestation and they somehow got into my oven/range and now when I turn on the oven it smells like mouse urine. I am desperate to figure out how to get rid of them and the scent. We've been trapping and my cat is working overtime! Also, how the heck do I get rid of the scent?

By Linda C

Best Answer

I would try cleaning with straight vinegar.

Best Answer

I had the same problem! This weekend I cleaned under the range with baking soda only. I also washed all the drip pans with baking soda. The smell is completely gone! Hope this helps!

Also, we have tried a lot of things to get rid of the mice without success, but I read on another website to try "cab fresh." We found it at Tractor Supply for $15. That was more than we wanted to spend, so I don't actually know how effective it is myself.

We buy Eagle One rat poison it does kill them

Did you mix the baking soda with water?

Good and bad news; Cab Fresh worked for our mouse problem for a full year! (2016) It was worth every penny. The active ingredient is Balsam Fir Oil. I bought it at Ace Hardware for about the same amount of money. I followed the directions on it's use exactly. Bad news-last year (2017) I couldn't find it in any store and when I did find it and bought some, it didn't work as well.

Other peoples' comments were similar-it didn't work like before for them so I suspect something changed all though the representative from the company said they didn't do anything differently. Anyway, I think the Fresh Cab is worth a try. Hope it works for you.

Home and Garden Cleaning OdorsJune 11, 2012
🐛
😎
🌻
📓