Using Vinegar to Remove Urine Odor in Range Oven?

Can I use cleaning vinegar vs. white distilled vinegar?

Best Answer

Before you do anything, have you made sure that the mice did not chew the wires and do serious damage to the oven? We had to replace a stove about 10 years ago for this very issue. They chewed the wires so badly that it would have cost more to repair than a new one.

So the short answer is you can use white distilled vinegar to wipe out the oven (if the oven is safe to use), but it may not get the odor out completely.

Does it have a self cleaning feature? I would use that--run it through a full self clean cycle, according to the manual. That should work to get the smell out and clean it for use.

If it does not have a self clean feature, you can purchase oven cleaners...but they smell awful so be sure to keep the room well ventilated.

Post back with an update.

The oven did need repair work
The heating element was replaced ...
Ive used oven cleaner & cleaned behind, underneath, inside and out Also used the self cleaning option ...
I still smell the odor ...feels hopeless

Best Answer

One last thing you can try is in a deep, oven proof casserole dish--like if you have corning dishes--put one cup of water and one cup of vinegar in as many dishes as you have shelves (so I have 2 shelves, I would do 2 dishes) and bake the water/vinegar mix for an hour or so at 350 degrees.

DO NOT LEAVE THIS UNATTENDED AS THE WATER CAN BOIL OUT. IF YOU SEE THE WATER GETTING LOW, ADD A LITTLE WATER/VINEGAR TO THE DISH. CAREFULLY remove the bowls when the process is over and dump the water down the drain.

This process will smell bad, but it may finally get rid of the odor.

Best Answer

I have found that when cleaning hard surfaces especially an oven is to actually use Apple Cider Vinegar. It cleans especially well and when the initial odor wears off (usually 10 min), it smells much fresher and cleaner. I love it, and use it all the time.

I would only use a food-grade product in the oven.

That makes a lotta sense Thank you very much

It looks like cleaning vinegar is just stronger than cooking vinegar, 6% vs 5%. I think that either type would be fine.

If it is your oven you are cooking in, it is best to use white vinegar mixed with water to clean the oven. I would not use the cleaning vinegar that they sell in the markets to do this one with.

I Appreciate ur help

There are many safe products you can use for this,make sure it is food safe!

Home and Garden Cleaning OdorsNovember 6, 2019
🍀
💘
https://www.thriftyfun.com/Using-Vinegar-to-Remove-Urine-Odor-in-Range-Oven.html