Mung Bean Porridge
On weekends we usually have porridge for breakfast. It is common in traditional Asian culture to eat porridge. To switch it up from traditional rice porridge, we had mung bean porridge. Very easy to make with simple ingredients.
Prep Time: 30 minutes
Cook Time: 45 minutes
Total Time: 1 hour 15 minutes
Yield: 4 people
- 8 oz half bag spilt mung beans
- 3/4 gal water
- 3.5 cups white rice
- 1/2 cup glutinous rice
- Dash of salt
- Wash spilt mung beans. Then allow spilt mung beans to be in bed of water for about 30 minutes to soften.
- On high heat, add water about level to spilt mung beans. Allow to boil for 5 minutes, drain and set aside.
- Combine both rices together (white and glutinous rice) and rinse with water. On high heat, add 3/4 gallon water to a boil. Add rice and cook for 15 minutes. Stir occasionally so the rice does not stick.
- Now, add the mung beans and dash of salt. Cook for 30 minutes and stir occasionally. You will get a porridge consistency (thicken).
- Ready to enjoy and optional top off your porridge with sugar.
Add your voice! Click below to comment. ThriftyFun is powered by your wisdom!