Lawn MowersMachines

Murray Lawn Tractor Won't Start

I just replaced the starter and solenoid. I also put a new stack pulley assembly on, put all the belts on and started it a couple of times. Now all I here is nothing when I turn the key. I replaced the key switch and the battery. Any suggestions? Please help.

I have found an excellent answer to your problem. It even comes with a diagram to help you. Please check here:

www.ifixit.com/.../Murray+mower+will+not+start

Check the fuse connection under the seat for the seat safety switch. It may have blown or become disconnected.

Most mowers have a 20 amp spade fuse. Behind dash. A wire must have touched ground and blew the fuse. This is from my experience with mowers. Or, the starter isn't grounded to the frame tight enough.

Or, a safety switch is preventing the engine from starting such as the seat or the blade is engaged before trying to start. There is a lot of different possibilities for troubleshooting the problem.