My Dog Died Suddenly?

I lost my little buddy Norman last week. He was only 6 months old. He just had his last round of shots the week before, the vet said he was all good for another year. He was fine in the morning, then in the afternoon I could tell he was not himself. He was just on the couch, tired/out of it. At night, he vomited one time. He did use the bathroom but it was solid. Normal urination. His paws were cold to the touch. Then within hours, he just passed.

Advertisement

Today, my other dog Lizzie (about two years old) passed within two hours. She vomited once and used the bathroom (which was solid) paws cold to the touch, and before we reached the vet, she too passed away. I just don't understand, I am heartbroken.

Both dogs were well taken care of. Both went to the vet regularly. I have checked so many times to see if they have eaten something that was poisoned. Nothing, absolutely nothing to indicate they have gotten into something that they should not have eaten. I just don't understand! Was it well water? Our softener has been not working for that past month? Any ideas?

Add your voice! Click below to answer. ThriftyFun is powered by your wisdom!

November 15, 20180 found this helpful

It sounds like some kind of poisoning to me. I would have your water checked.

Reply Was this helpful? Yes
November 15, 20180 found this helpful

I am so sorry for your loss !!
It really sounds like both dogs ate the same thing or drank the same water. Have you checked the dog food that you were feeding them. You could also send in a vial of water to see if it is contaminated. And possible have an autopsy done by the vet.

Advertisement


My heart goes out to you !!

Reply Was this helpful? Yes
November 15, 20180 found this helpful

Oh my. Sending lots of prayers and sympathy to you and yours.

I would have the vet test the food and water. Did they have a flea treatment or any meds? Have the vet test those too.

My heart breaks for you. It sounds like you gave them an amazing life. Prayers that you find answers. If you need grief counseling, I strongly recommended it. It is helpful. Hugs!

Reply Was this helpful? Yes

Add your voice! Click below to answer. ThriftyFun is powered by your wisdom!

Advertisement

In This Page
Categories
Pets Dogs HealthNovember 15, 2018
Pages
More
😎
Summer Ideas!
😷
Coronavirus Tips
🌻
Gardening
📓
Back to School Ideas!
🐛
Pest Control
Facebook
Pinterest
YouTube
Instagram
Contests!
Newsletters
Ask a Question
Share a Post
Categories
Better LivingBudget & FinanceBusiness and LegalComputersConsumer AdviceCoronavirusCraftsEducationEntertainmentFood and RecipesHealth & BeautyHolidays and PartiesHome and GardenMake Your OwnOrganizingParentingPetsPhotosTravel and RecreationWeddings
Published by ThriftyFun.
Desktop Page | View Mobile
Disclaimer | Privacy Policy | Contact Us
Generated 2020-07-18 13:37:21 in 968 msecs. ⛅️️
© 1997-2020 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
https://www.thriftyfun.com/My-Dog-Died-Suddenly-3.html