My Dog Won't Eat

I've had Kendi, my mini Poodle/Yorkie for almost two years now. She usually has plenty of energy and barks at everyone. She used to love to play and she would greet everyone. I just got home from staying at my brother's house for three days and she was staying at home with my parents and my other brother.

In the period I've been away she has been hiding in the yard, and stays hidden for hours even when she is called. She won't eat any food. She won't eat her dog food or her treats. She doesn't even like the rotisserie chicken, that you can get from the grocery store. When I came back home she still didn't want to eat. She barely has any energy. Please help! :(

By Kimmy A.

Best Answer

You need to get your girl to the vet as soon as possible. She may have a blockage, sometimes dogs swallow a rock. She may have a severe infection that is affecting her whole body.

Dogs almost always hide illness or injury from their owners. If you are seeing these symptoms your dog is most likely very sick. Don't wait. Good luck to you.

With no disrespect the person you should be talking to is your Dog's best friend the veterinarian.

Your dog is sick, she needs to see a vet. Her behavior definitely says she is not feeling well. Visit the vet, and tell him everything you just wrote here. I hope she is feeling better soon.

I would suggest a visit to the vet - the little dog may have an obstruction in her gut or suchlike - please get this little beauty checked out for her well being.