Mystery Bleach Stains on Two Jackets

I recently began having a problem where two of my jackets. They have developed mystery bleach spots! The first was a trench coat with spots on the back, waistband, and by the pocket. The second was a field jacket that had stains on the pocket, collar, and on the back. This was a bizarre incident- the stains appeared over an hour when I wore it in the rain while wearing a backpack.

Two things of note, the aforementioned backpack is one that I only wore with these two jackets, as it would cause pilling on my other coats. Second, my short, shoulder length hair is dyed a dark brown color. (I feel this is worth mentioning because the towel I spilled hair dye on when coloring my hair has stains that have faded from dark brown to bleached.

Though this occurred over a couple of weeks of everyday use, I'm thinking these stains have something to do with something in the backpack transferring into the jackets when it rains? I know this sounds odd, but I'm at a loss for what else it could be. Anyways, any thoughts on what is causing this strange problem and how to prevent it from happening again would be appreciated!

If toothpaste, mouthwash or household cleaners came in contact with the backpack it could be that it transferred onto your clothing too

Hi,

I found another question on ThriftyFun about the same problem. There are some comments on the type of water which you might have, and if the detergent is put in the water first, before the clothes, and other interesting ideas. Here is the link:

www.thriftyfun.com/Mysterious-Bleach-Stains-on-Clothing...

I hope you find out what it is!

Blessings,

Robyn