Identifying a Vintage Table Lamp?

This was a gift given to me when I had no furniture. She told me she had it for 40 years. I'm curious about it. Can anyone tell me about it?

Best Answer

You should look on the bottom of the lamp to see if there are any marking at all. If the lamp is around 40+ years old this. There were a lot of pottery shops in older parts of some cities that made lamps similar to these. They were thrown on a wheel and then baked in a kilm. After this they were handpainted and baked a second time. Some shops sold these where they were made and others sold them in stores. I would like to see if there are any marking on the wood base of this lamp (it sort of looks like there is a wood base) this will give me an idea of where to start looking for more information.

Best Answer

Ginger jar lamps have been in and out of vogue for years. The colors lend themselves to 1960s/1970s. Unless the lamp is marked and one of the large ones, most smaller lamps sell between 5 and 40 dollars depending on supply and demand in your area.

If it has been rewired that may alter the value, as may the condition of the shade.

Everyone from dime stores to furniture stores sold these in that time period so finding and exact match may be like finding a needle in a haystack.

If you are asking to sell, start high and take best offer. Pretty piece! Post back if you sell!

These are very pretty lamps, and many different styles flourished in the 70s. However, without a marking, it is hard to know more about it. `

I can't tell what its provenance is, but on etsy I can see that these lamps go anywhere from $60 to $100 www.etsy.com/.../70s_pottery_lamp

Consumer Advice Collectibles Lamps Vintage TableApril 28, 2020
👒
🌻
🐛
https://www.thriftyfun.com/Mystery-lamp.html