Name Ideas for an Etsy Business?

I am a seamstress with an Esty shop called Sopapilly Boutique, but I also restore and paint furniture. I would like to now offer my painted furniture in my shop as well. I need help changing my business name to something that works for my sewing and painting.

I would like to keep the first part of my current business name (Sopapilly) so that I don't lose all my current followers and customers.
Any ideas would be much appreciated.

Sopapilly Painted & Threads Boutique, Sopapilly Painted Seamstress Boutique , Sopapilly Furniture And Sewing Needs!

Since you have brand loyalty with Sopapilly Boutique, I strongly recommend staying with your name and just start introducing your new line of business. Think of yourself as Macy's or other large department store that sells multiple items under one name.

If you feel you must add to your Handmade with Love motto, you could always add a bulleted list like Masks * Custom Fabrics * Hand Painted Dressers (or whatever you are painting) there.

Your name is everything and if you can keep your SEO the same adding to it, the better off you are!

Maybe have a big Instagram Debut with coming soon and then start showcasing new items.

Blessings on your venture!

Thank you for your response I really appreciate it. Do you think that even if I kept Sopapilly in the name and simply changed the second part from Boutique to something like "Restyled". Will that be the same as changing the whole name alltogether?
Just want to clarify. Thanks again.

I would get an opinion from your Small Business Development Center if you are in the US. They have technical gurus that can clearly explain how it will impact searchability if you make any changes.

Rebranding is a challenge and there are right and wrong ways to do it. I can tell you what I learned in my classes...which is what I shared in my first post, but for the behind the scenes details, one of the mentors at the SBDC can give you expert guidance.

americassbdc.org/.../

This is a finder tool. Most of their services are free or very low cost (tax dollars pay for it).

Post back how things are going! Blessings on your venture!

Please - do NOT change your name - why??
Just place Sopapilly Boutique into any search engine and see the results!
www.google.com/search?client=firefox-b-1-d&q=Sopapilly...

You can always place something in your store that says something about your new items and this way, if you change your mind you will still have your name.

LOOK what's coming next or new - etc make it colorful.

This type of furniture seems to sell quickly on Etsy so here's wishing you lots of success in your new adventure.

Thanks for your response. I thought that if I kept the first part of the name the same it would be ok. But you think that changing it from Sopapilly Boutique to something like Sopapilly Restyled will impact the search engine results? I would'nt be opening a new Etsy shop I would just edit the shop name. Just wanted to clarify. I am new to all this and really appreciate everyone's input.

Any changes to your name will have an impact on search results and right now you have great coverage.

There are furniture 'boutiques' so just add a new line - it will not take very long for buyers to see your new items and still find your original items.
Good luck with your new line.

Honestly I would just keep the name you have and in your store and in your images, add some sort of tagline about what you sell. It's just such a perfect name already and it covers all the grounds.

I agree. Keep the same name. People know your business by that name already, and you can start to introduce other facets of your many talents accordingly.

I would keep your name since it's established and people know about it.

Perhaps you could make a separate account with the shop name you want. And in the announcement say you also have this account for your restore/paint?

Business and Legal BusinessNovember 9, 2020
🍂
🎄
😷
https://www.thriftyfun.com/Name-Ideas-for-an-Etsy-Business.html