BirthdayParties

Name for a Special Birthday

My granddaughter will be 8 on 08/08 (August 8th). What is the name of this type of birthday?

Its called a Beddian birthday.

I never heard an official name for it...we always called them lucky birthday. Turns out there is a whole wiki on birthdays and they are also called golden, grand, star, or champagne birthdays. The wiki link is below....if you scroll about 1/3 down you will see the explanation they give with all the names.

en.wikipedia.org/.../Birthday

Surprisingly since mine was MANY years ago, I remember it quite well! I thought it was WAY COOL!!

Thank you for your information. I did read what you referenced on Wiki. You would think there would be a name for a birthday when there are 3 things alike as my granddaughter will have in August: she will be 8 years old on August 8th (8-8).

Anyway, thanks again for taking the time to reply to my question.

Your message has me obsessed with this answer as I love birthdays and the numbers aspect of them.

Technically it could be a palindrome birthday (same backward and forwards 8 8 8) but the definition below doesn't match. I am coming up empty which is very surprising.

mathfour.com/.../whens-your-next-palindrome-birthday

Maybe this is an opportunity to invent the name and name it after your granddaughter! That would be neat! In this day an age with the internet, all you need is a website and you could have a little birthday related cottage industry!

Stranger things have happened! Check out the story of the person who "invented" the Beddian birthday Judy talked about...when you turn the year you were born.

www.newyorker.com/.../a-firefighters-theorem

Wishing your granddaughter all the best on this special day!! I recommend giving her: 8 kisses and 8 hugs every 8 hours and that her piece of birthday cake measures a generous 8 x 8 x 8 inches! ENJOY!!!!

I don't know what it is called, but that is special for your daughter to be born 8/8 and also turning 8! :)

All about #8
mysticalnumbers.com/.../

Happy Early Birthday to your granddaughter!