Natural Lip Plumper

Put your lip balm into a small bowl, add 1 tsp. of cayenne pepper and mash with a spoon. Sprinkle a little cinnamon over the mix; mix well. Then put your lip balm back into it's container. Massage into your lips, let sit for 5 minutes, and wipe off. Your lips will be fuller for a couple of hours. This works so well.

By coville123 from Brockville, Ontario

I have one concern and one question. Why would you put something so hot on your lips, and how would you get it back in a tube.

One of the tips I have come up with in the past is what to use your empty lip gloss tube for. It's basically a wax on a small stick that spirals up when you twist the bottom. You can put things like toothpicks, safety pins, matches, etc.

in them.

However, your "smashed up" gloss would not only be a greater amount but it would be a looser consistency. How would a person get something soft into a small tube designed for something more solid?

If you had a small jar, that would work. However, I personally don't need to look like Anjelina at the risk of my skin.

I don't know why you would want to do this.

Cayenne (Red) pepper is what is in most all of the lip plumpers you buy. That is what makes the tingling sensation. Is cinnamon just for flavor? I just don't think it would be sanity to put back in tube. Why cant you just put on your lip with it in another container,go over it with Vaseline(or chap stick)?

The "look" can be nice but I can't stand that tingling for such a short amount of time. If you like it try finding a small container with screw on lid,making only a little at a time so no germs,bacteria would grow? Carmex comes in the kind of container I'm thinking about.

Poor But Proud: You don't use tube lip gloss; it comes in a small jar.

Many people have thin lips and that is why they want a plumper, not to look like Angelina Jolie. You are outweighed by eons of women - and men - who use cosmetics to alter their features. I am assuming that the amount of cayenne in this concoction is safe, unless you start with chapped skin.

Anonymous

Luana is correct that cayenne pepper and/or cinnamon (usually cinnamon oil) is used in commercial lip plumpers. The only drawback is if you have super sensitive skin or are prone to skin infection/irritation.

Poor But Proud, you often make me laugh because you complain about negative feedback left on your tips and yet you leave sarcastic negative feedback for others; a bit hypocritical don't ya think? Also, the 'smashed up gloss' is easily 'smashed and pressed' back into the container and if you don't have the patience to do that just heat it in the microwave for a couple of seconds and pour it in - LOL ;-)

I guess it's the level of sensitivity, but I got blisters from just cinnamon in the following manner. A "health" book said cinnamon could help regulate blood sugar levels in diabetics. One teaspoon per day. I took a measuring spoon, swallowed the cinnamon, and got blisters in my mouth.

The "health" book did not mention how to administer the cinnamon as a medication. I think a whole teaspoon of red pepper with such a small amount of lip gloss could, possibly, be dangerous. Then adding cinnamon too? For non-sensitive people I think the commercial plumpers are much safer. P.S. I discovered cinnamon is used in explosives.