New Standard Encyclopedias

I have a full 14 volume set of New Standard Encyclopedias that are from 1972. We have decided to sell them to get some of the money we need to start a non profit foundation to promote S.I.D.S Awareness. The issue we have is that we don't know what the value of a set like this is or if there is any value at all. Anyone with any info about them please let us know. Thank you!

By Natasha S.

I doubt you could get much more than maybe ten dollars for these, unfortunately.

You might consider looking into a charitable license so you could sell fundraising raffle tickets with the set as the prize. Your local newspaper might give you a bit of ink in the community pages, and help you solicit a few more donations too, to 'sweeten the pot'.

Good luck to you in this. My older brother died due to SIDS in 1955 and I don't think my family ever really got over the grief.