OFF! Clip-On Mosquito Repellent Reviews

Category Mosquitoes
Without using chemicals on your skin, you may have some relief from mosquitoes using the clip-on version. This guide contains OFF! clip-on mosquito repellent reviews.

Product: Off! Clip-On Mosquito Repellent

Manufacturer: S.C. Johnson, Inc

I bought one of these to try and was more than extremely disappointed. It didn't REPEL the mosquitoes, it ATTRACTED them! I had more mosquitoes around me than I ever had without this thing! It is definitely going back to the store!

By Cricket from Parkton, NC

Top Comment

I'm real surprised to see negative reviews. I hike and explore the Florida Everglades for endangered orchids to Photograph, and in the summer months the mosquitoes can be overwhelming. I don't care where your from there is no place on earth with more mosquitoes then the Florida Everglades. While taking a break, setting up camera equipment, eating lunch the mosquitoes can drive you insane but after a couple minutes with this machine on the mosquitoes all but disappeared. I personally love this product and it works great for me. Thanks Johnson and Johnson

I used the clip on mosquito repellent three times in my yard, for 15 minutes each time. I still got bit. This product does not work for me and needs improvement

By Margaret

Top Comment

I absolutely love the Off fan! When I was growing up my sister and I slept in the same bed and I would wake up with mosquito bites galore while she had none. Now, my husband wakes up bite free and I still get them. Our joke used to be that people invited me to their cookouts just to protect the other guests. Since I can't take something out to the composter without coming back all bitten up, I keep one by the back door. And I keep one in the car for when I am at someone's house and end up touring the yard. Yes, it was that bad! Even mosquito repellent wouldn't work on me. If I missed one spot, the bugs would bite me there. Now, I feel liberated!

Has anyone tried the new OFF! clip-on mosquito repellent? It has a fan and is supposed to work without having to spray those nasty chemicals directly on your skin. Does it actually work? Does it smell and is it safe for kids? Also, do you need batteries, if so what kind?

By Cyinda from near Seattle

Answers:

Reviews of OFF! Clip-On Mosquito Repellent

try epinions.com (05/12/2009)

By Kim McGrantham

OH yes! I've tried this! Now I'm taking it back today! It didn't repel the mosquitoes, instead it attracted them!

I put one on just after dusk and went outside to do something. After about 15 minutes I was so fed up with swatting them away I turned the machine off. It didn't take but about 5 minutes and the mosquitoes got bored with me then and left me alone.

Hmm, maybe I'll try turning it on and setting it at the other end of the deck! But don't waste your money like I did. You'll be just as fed up with it as I am. Oh, and also, I emailed S.C. Johnson Inc about it. You know what they did? They sent me a coupon for another clip on! So they didn't pay a bit of attention to my complaint at all! (05/12/2009)

By Cricket

Not sure what the other reviewer's situation was. Perhaps their diet or local conditions eliminated the effectiveness of the product. Mosquito's are very sensitive to certain chemicals people excrete after eating certain foods, and in some situations they seem just to attack no matter what your defense. I live in North Carolina near a small pond and my back porch is often overcome with the nasty critters. This product worked well for me. I'm not saying it's perfect, and I'm not even saying its better than the traditional repellents cause it's not. However it does seem to work for me far better than their experience was. I would say the amount of mosquito's in the area around me decreased 50-75% however yes some still came around. I would try this product in conjunction with other remedies, such as placing a mosquito attractant at a distance.

Mosquito miracle it's not.. but it is a decent product that does fairly well. For those who don't like the idea of spraying themselves down with chemicals its a good alternative. Give it a try, maybe it will work for you. (05/25/2009)

By Maria Escobar