BreakfastRecipes

Oatmeal Waffles

Simple, but healthier alternative to regular store bought waffles. These are made from leftover oatmeal!

Prep Time: 15 minutes

1. I always make twice as much oatmeal as I need and use it in other recipes or to make these delicious waffles. They are my families favorite breakfast now!
  2. Simply spray your grill.
  3. Drop your precooked oatmeal onto it.
  4. Close it and let it cook.
  5. I will open it up after a while and check on it. I let it brown lightly.
  6. Take it out and serve it with a dollop of homemade strawberry jam but sometimes we cut up fresh fruit in season and serve it on top!
  7. Ad

What a great idea! I will be using it. My family loves oatmeal and there is often leftover oatmeal. I have been using a Scottish recipe that involves adding onions, basil, and salt to the cooked oatmeal and shaping it into "sausage" patties and then frying in a pan. It's very good but your recipe looks healthier for sure.

I JUST LOVE THIS IDEA!!! I wonder why none of us 'older girls' thought of this before... now I can't wait to try it...thanks for letting us all know about this idea!

Anonymous

I made it, we eat oatmeal almost everyday this is easy and just a little different. Keep it interesting thank you