One-of-a-Kind Father's Day Card
Father's Day is the one day in the year when you can show your father how much he means to you. There is no better way of telling him that he is a one-of-a-kind dad than with this card. This card is ideal if your dad loves vintage cars, or use a photo that would have specific meaning to him. Add a small resin trophy and make sure that he knows he is your hero!
Total Time: 20 minutes
Yield: one card
- printout of provided photo, or a suitable old black-and-white family photo
- 11 in. by 5.4 in. light blue marbled cardstock
- 5.3 in. by 5.3 in. bright blue cardstock
- 5.2 in by 2 in. dark blue sugar paper
- 5.2 in. by 4.2 in. pewter frame
- suitable rub-on stickers (for this project, the words One-of-a-Kind and True were used)
- 0.5 in. wide brown, white and blue striped belt ribbon
- small resin trophy
- natural twisted jute twine
- 1.5 in. sized wooden cut-out heart with two small holes at the top
- standard scissors
- quick-drying craft glue (such as Bostik Clear)
- Print the photo to a size 3.2" x 4.6" and cut it out.
- Score the light blue marbled cardstock to create a card sized 5.4" x 5.4".
- With the fold at the left, centre and glue the bright blue cardstock to the front of the card.
- Glue the sugar paper strip to the bottom of the card.
- Apply the One-of-a-Kind and True rub-on stickers to the sugar paper.
- Glue the printout of the photo to the pewter frame, and then glue the frame in position at the top of the card.
- Make a bow with the belt ribbon and neatly cut the ends shorter.
- Glue the bow to the card, and glue the trophy on top of the bow.
- Thread the twine through the heart's holes and make a small knot on each side.
- Glue the heart to the card so that it will look as if the heart is hanging from the frame
Add your voice! Click below to comment. ThriftyFun is powered by your wisdom!