BeveragesFood Tips

Opening an Ring Tab Can

It is called an easy open can because you don't have to use a can opener. Instead, it has a ring tab which you pull up to easily open it. My problem was that I used to hurt my fingers or sometimes break my nails, as the ring tab is sometimes hard to pull.

This can of juice is an example. The ring tab is so close to the base of the can, I have a hard time pulling it up as my nails are too short to easily hold the tip of the ring tab.

Since I was served with a drinking straw, I saw an easier way to pull it up. First, insert the drinking straw between the space of the ring tab and the base of the can.

Next, hold the tips of each side together with one hand and pull it up. As you see the can is open without hurting my fingers.

If you don't have a drinking straw, find something flat and hard that you can insert on the ring tab. Make sure it is strong enough to pull up the aluminum ring tab. One example is a thin spoon.

That's a good idea. I have the same problem.