Other Uses for Dishwasher Detergent

When softball/baseball season comes around, my hubby and son play on multiple teams and in lots of tournaments. Their uniform pants - usually white - are consistently subjected to ground in dirt, grass, even blood stains.

After the games, I fill the kitchen sink with hot water and add a cup or two of powdered dishwasher soap (Cascade, etc.) and soak the uniform pants for an hour or so. For extra tough stains, I make a paste out of the powdered soap, add a little laundry soap and use an old toothbrush to pre-treat and then soak.

Then, I just throw in the washing machine. The pants come out bright white and stain free. It works great! Use on work pants, kids clothes, etc. Just be sure to adjust water temperature accordingly.

Source: Was given this tip from my mother-in-law who washed a lot of boys' uniforms

More Solutions

I use a small amount of dishwasher powder or liquid with hot water and let the item soak for a bit then scrub. This method works on great to remove the hard layer of oil my big pot gets from making popcorn on the stove.

4 Questions

Is it safe to use Finish tablets for laundry? I bought them accidentally and realised after opening, but I don't have dishwasher. So any ideas how I can put them in use? Please share.

Answers

Best Answer

Drop one into the toilet, let dissolve and scrub.

Answer this Question

You posted a use for dishwasher soap. What was it used for?

By Cathy from Mesa, AZ

Answers

Use it to clean toilet bowls, stuck on foods, stoves, outdoor furniture to name a few, good luck.

It is good for removing some clothing stains, especially baby stains. Make a paste, rub onto the stain, let sit for a few minutes, then lay the pc in the kitchen sink, and pour boiling water over the garment, and let sit until cool enough to handle. Rinse well and wash in washing machine.

I use dishwashing soap to clean my glass coffee pot....works great.

I use it to clean my oven racks. Only Cascade brand powder works for me.

I use it to clean my car port, I just pour it on the oil stain, let it set for a day or so, then I just wash it away with the water hose, does a wonderful job, my son had an old car that leaked oil and transmission fluid and it had my car port floor looking a mess (it is was concretes).

I also used it to clean my old baby clothes, I just let the water get hot, dissolve the dish washing detergent and let the clothes and diaper soak in it for a day or so, then wash it as usual, no stain! But thank you god I don't have any babies anymore.

Answer this Question
Home and Garden Cleaning AdviceFebruary 3, 2015
💘
🍀
https://www.thriftyfun.com/Other-Uses-for-Dishwasher-Detergent-1.html