Other Uses for Potato Peelers

Use a y-shaped peeler to remove slices of butter from the top of a rock-hard stick of butter that's come straight from the refrigerator. The peels can be laid on top of a slice of bread, so there's no need for spreading. That means no more clumps of butter and no more torn, soft bread.

By Monica from Cortez, CO

7 More Solutions

In a bind needing a phillips head screw driver but cant seem to find one? An old fashion potato peeler is an excellent substitute. It works as well as a screwdriver. The angle of the tip of the potato peeler makes it perfect.

Potato Peeler = Cheese Grater? Last night, I had a yen to use up some going-stale tortilla chips as the base for some tasty nachos. But I couldn't find my cheese grater, one of those simple flat plastic ones.

The other day I wanted to remove my name and numbers from an empty pill bottle before putting in the recycle bin. I was in a hurry and didn't have time to soak the label off, so I grabbed my vegetable peeler and gave it a couple of swipes, enough to remove all the personal information.

I love cheese sandwiches with whatever other ingredient I choose, but I hate grating the cheese. I always miss the dish I'm aiming for or the bread slice and make a mess with bits of cheese all over the work top, which stick like glue when I'm trying to wipe them off.

A potato peeler is an excellent tool for removing the squeaker from a child's irritating toy!

When I have kiwi, I either use a potato peeler or scoop it with a spoon. Which ever is your preference.

Food and Recipes Food Tips Kitchen ToolsJuly 23, 2013
🌻
🐰
🍀
https://www.thriftyfun.com/Other-Uses-for-Potato-Peeler.html