Paint Color Ideas to Brighten Kitchen

I have a kitchen that doesn't get much natural light. It has quite a large window but the previous house owners blocked the natural light by building a sun room on that side of the house. What are good color choices to paint the kitchen to brighten it up?

Currently it is all that nasty boring cream/off-white color with the cabinets the same color. I'd like a feature wall one color and the other walls more neutral and the cabinets painted as well. Any color suggestions?

Jennifer from Winnipeg, MB

Answers:

Paint Color Ideas to Brighten Kitchen

Yellow is always a good color to brighten things up. White, of course, works well with it, but you can also use light blues or greens nicely with yellow. Maybe one wall a light blue or green, the rest yellow with white cabinets, with blues/greens as accent colors. Good luck.
(03/16/2009)

By Bonnie V

Paint Color Ideas to Brighten Kitchen

I wouldn't mess with painting your cabinets unless they are in bad shape to begin with. Have you considered wallpaper? There are some delightful refreshing, colorful patterns. Very simple, to bold. Keep your light background, with the color coming from the design. You can easily find something that goes with the rest of your home's decor. It will add depth to your walls and keep it bright in the room. (03/17/2009)

By EGGZ

Paint Color Ideas to Brighten Kitchen

I love yellow, it is cheerier in my kitchen and then my hubby bought some borders to go around the top of the ceiling. (03/20/2009)

By dietvanilla

Paint Color Ideas to Brighten Kitchen

Think of spring colors, bright and light; yellow, green or blue. (03/23/2009)

By mklema92658