Painting Brass

Category Painting
Painting a brass lamp, fireplace surround, or other item can give it new life and a more updated appearance. This is a page about painting brass.

I would like to know if brass can be painted.

By bigmikepaint from Syracuse, NY

Answers

I suppose you could use metal paint - after all, they paint cars, don't they?

Yes, you can paint brass with spray paint. If you have concerns re: the paint not sticking, you can spray it with a primer first, and then add your color.

Yes, I did a light fixture and the brass was pitted and ugly. I aprayed it with and antique brass and I think it looks great!

I painted our brass chandelier. I used an oil based paint that was called "hammered metal." I got it at Lowes.

I didn't even take down the fixture! It's looks great. It's a very thick oil-based paint and really adheres well. I used a brush but it was also available in a spray.

Is there anyway to paint brass shower door frames, to last permanently?

By Bethany

Answers

I don't know about painting it, but if you do, you could put a clear coat on afterwards to protect the paint!

How do I paint a brass type floor lamp?

By Sue

Answers

My husband did this to a couple of lamps some months ago and they look like new. First, sand the brass areas, then spray them with the "sticks to anything" type spray paint.

Let them dry and you're through! We went from shiny, scratched-up brass to flat black in the spray of a can!

Using high temperature paint and proper preparation will help ensure success when painting shiny metal fireplace doors. This is a page about painting brass fireplace doors.

spray paint can

Read More... Pin it! Was this helpful? Yes

Home and Garden Home Improvement PaintingApril 2, 2013
🐛
📓
🌻
😎
😷
https://www.thriftyfun.com/Painting-Brass-2.html