Painting a Bedroom Red

I own my home and the bedroom was painted like this when I moved in. I want to paint my bedroom a deep red including the ceiling, with antique gold on the bottom face of the beams and dado rail. I may paint the furniture black; I want it to feel really warm and cocoon like. My question is I have looked at loads of images on the net and most dark red bedrooms have a white ceiling which I don't like. Do you think the ceiling being red as well will look OK and should I paint the beams black or red?

Here's an interesting article, Glynnis: designlike.com/.../. At first I though, "Red? Isn't that an angry colour? How could you sleep?" And then I realized people have been researching colour and the affects on us for a very long time.

Maybe also check Google Images, "red bedroom" and see if anything appeals to you? Most of what's portrayed is contrasted with white and black and looks pretty sharp.

Have fun!

Thank you for your advice :)

I think this will feel like you are in the stomach of a wild animal!

I've read articles on "red" rooms. This color seems to relax people, make them hungry (that's why restaurants have red dinning rooms) and feel sexy.

By painting the ceiling red and the beams black you will have a very oriental look to your room. Is that what you want to achieve? What "look" are you doing?