AppliancesRepair

Painting a Stove Hood

Category Appliances

Can I paint, with rust proof paint, under my hood above the stove? I believe it is steel?

By Mary

You can but I would use a high temperature paint that is designed for that purpose. Regular paint could burn if the stove temps are high enough. Read the paint can labels.They may spell out the temp limits.

Yes you can. Just clean it very good and use a Rustoleum paint. It is best to take it down first, but if you don't, please make sure that the room is well ventilated and give it plenty of time to dry! No pilot lights,or gas on! Good Luck.

They also make a appliance paint for this that comes in a spray can. Just use some cardboard or something to block the over spray.