Paper Flower Chandelier
It's inspection season in schools. My sister asked for my help in making her classroom decorations. Her idea was to make a chandelier out of craft paper to hang in the reading corner. This can also be used as Christmas decor.
- Wooden ring (mine is made of bamboo but you can use wires or hoolahoop)
- Craft paper of your choice
- green craft paper for the leaves
- jute strings
- hot glue
- I asked help in making the ring since it's hard to bend. The easiest material to use is a small hoola hoop. Decide on the size you want.
- Cut about one and a half meter of jute strings and tightly tie each piece around the ring. Distance of each string should be about 3-4 inches.
- Make large paper flowers out of the colored craft paper. I used yellow since it looks simple and neat.
Here's a link to how it's made
- Then make paper leaves out of the green ones. Learn how to make it with the above Paper Flower link.
- Glue the flowers around the ring.
- Then arrange the leaves behind the flowers, up and down.
- Hang the ring. Cut each string like layers. One longer than the other.
- Attach paper butterflies on each tip. You can use any other material/decoration for this (eg. stone/pebbles, feathers, mini paper flowers).
- I also added circles to decorate the strings.
- Then it's ready for decoration.
Add your voice! Click below to comment. ThriftyFun is powered by your wisdom!
Published by ThriftyFun.
© 1997-2023 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved.