Pawning Sterling Silver

I am trying to find out the value of sterling silver before I lug it to the pawn shop. I have googled it and it kept sending me to sales of bullion. I don't want to buy I want to sell.

Thank you.

This site gives you the value of sterling silver at the moment. That is what you should get paid. That is the value if they melt it down. If someone wants the actual piece, you could probably get more.

On Google you can search > Silver Prices Today

That is the price that Sterling Silver is being sold for. If you sell it, the buy in will be less than that.

However, if you are pawning something of Sterling Silver item and it is valuable definitely do research beforehand.

It is good to know the price of silver but do not expect to be offered that amount from a pawn shop as they will have to make money or they would not be in business.

Pawn shops that buy silver are usually the larger shops but I would take the silver to several before I decided if I wanted to sell.
They should be able to tell you how much your silver weighs and the exact amount they will pay for it. Check with several so you know the weight is correct but I doubt there will be very much difference in the amount they offer.

This is for sterling silver as most shops will not buy silver plate unless it is to sell by the piece.

Consumer Advice General AdviceJanuary 8, 2019
🌻
🐛
📓