Peacock Photos

Male peacocks are very handsome birds - sadly the female is quite dowdy in comparison.

When the male is ready to mate, he displays his beautiful feathers and waves them like a fan to attract the female - obviously she rarely resists the attention.

Peacocks usually mate for life with the one partner.

Some folk say that having peacock feathers in a home is unlucky. I have no idea where the legend started.

By Carolyn

White Peacock Displaying it Feathers

Comment Pin it! Like this photo? 15

10 More Photos

Share on ThriftyFunCheck out these photos. Click at right to share your own photo in this page.

I took the grandkids to the zoo in Oklahoma City in June. As we were strolling through, we saw this peacock walking away from us. I guess we startled it because, it stopped right in front of us and started its strutting.

A white peacock with his tail displayed.

Comment Pin it! Like this photo? 16

A few days ago, it was really cold. I got up early in the morning because of some strange noises.

A peacock in the wild.

Comment Pin it! Like this photo? 9

We went to visit my brother in Kentucky and we decided to go to the zoo. It was a gorgeous day, and this little guy decided he wanted to show off.

I snapped several photos of him, but this was the best.

closeup of  peacock

Comment Pin it! Like this photo? 65

This gorgeous peacock was just one of MANY that roamed freely about Fort Wayne Children's Zoo. It was by chance that I turned and noticed this guy standing beside me proudly displaying his feathers.

Peacock Displaying it's Feathers

Comment Pin it! Like this photo? 7

We are currently having wonderful spring weather, which is truly a blessing after an unusually cold winter. I went for coffee in the outdoors at a plant nursery, and came across this peacock just as he was putting up a great display of elegance and color.

I just love peacocks! Definitely one of my favorite birds!

peacock displaying feathers

Comment Pin it! Like this photo? 6

This lovely gracious bird that walked among the tourists unafraid and with confidence, really took my eye with his beautiful array of colors! A peacock!

Peacock At The Petting Zoo - peacock near a car

Comment Pin it! Like this photo? 3

This beautiful peacock was wandering around the grounds quietly wowing the people who came upon him. His colors were spectacular and the only thing that would have made this more perfect would have been if he fanned out his gorgeous tail feathers.

beautiful blue peacock

Comment Pin it! Like this photo? 4

While visiting a local animal farm, this peacock began strutting his stuff! With his bright colors, he really put on a show.

Wildlife: Peacock

Comment Pin it! Was this helpful? Yes

This is a peacock that my aunt, my mom and I saw. It was on the side of the road, when we were just driving to go to my friends mama's house.

This beautiful peacock is showing her beauty in the Sunway Lagoon - Malaysia.

Photos WildlifeOctober 11, 2016
🎃
🎂
🌻
📓
😷
https://www.thriftyfun.com/Peacock-Photos.html