Pekin Ducks Photos

Category Ducks
This is a guide about Pekin ducks. The Pekin duck is a breed of domestic duck used primarily for egg and meat production. It originated in China and was brought to the US in the 1800's. They make great pets and are highly intelligent.

She has 8 eggs in her nest. I understand what you said about when she will start sitting. My question is when do the eggs start progressing? From day 1 or when she starts sitting full time?

Answers

From the time she starts sitting. She will sit when she has laid the last egg of the clutch.

I hope I am understanding your question. Are you asking how long it takes from laying to catching?

If so it is usually 28 days. Wishing the new feather family blessings!!!

hatching...not catching...YIKES!

Hi Judy!
I moved her nest to the coop. She has laid 9 so far, laying 1 a day. The eggs were baking in the sun. She and the drake are 7 months old. Theyre in the pen now instead of free range. I did this to encourage her to brood. Im not locking her in the coop though. I understand shell start brooding when she thinks he has enough eggs. My only concern was that the eggs would go bad in direct sunlight. I didnt touch the eggs, just scooped them up with the wood chips. I hope this was a good move.

Photos

Share on ThriftyFunCheck out these photos. Click at right to share your own photo in this guide.

This photo is a shot of my Pekin Ducks as they swim in the pond full of reflections of the fall colored leaves. They are so pretty gliding across the pond and coming to my side of the pond to get something to eat.

Soon they won't be able to go on a frozen pond. Pekin Ducks will be confined to their Duck House during the evening hours and they will probably be okay during the day when they can get out if they wanted to.

By Deborah

ducks

Comment Pin it! Like this photo? 10