Pekin Duck Hen Has Laid Eggs

She has 8 eggs in her nest. I understand what you said about when she will start sitting. My question is when do the eggs start progressing? From day 1 or when she starts sitting full time?

From the time she starts sitting. She will sit when she has laid the last egg of the clutch.

Hi Judy!
I moved her nest to the coop. She has laid 9 so far, laying 1 a day. The eggs were baking in the sun. She and the drake are 7 months old. Theyre in the pen now instead of free range. I did this to encourage her to brood. Im not locking her in the coop though. I understand shell start brooding when she thinks he has enough eggs. My only concern was that the eggs would go bad in direct sunlight. I didnt touch the eggs, just scooped them up with the wood chips. I hope this was a good move.

I hope I am understanding your question. Are you asking how long it takes from laying to catching?

If so it is usually 28 days. Wishing the new feather family blessings!!!

hatching...not catching...YIKES!