Peony Photos

Category Garden
Peonies are native throughout the northern hemisphere. Their large showy flowers are sometimes quite fragrant and add interest to a sunny garden location. This page contains peony photos.

Photos

Share on ThriftyFunCheck out these photos. Click at right to share your own photo in this guide.

I cut these peonies because a thunderstorm was coming. I took this picture, because I think they are really beautiful. Hope you like them, too.

By stella lpe

Peonies

Comment Pin it! Like this photo? 12

Photo Description
I have always loved the sweet fragrance and beauty of peonies. Years ago a friend would bring a bouquet to work for all of us to enjoy. Now I finally have some of my own!

Photo Location
Jamesville, NC

Comment Pin it! Like this photo? 2

This was a well-traveled peony bush! It was taken from cuttings back in 2005 from a bush in my folk's yard, that in turn had come from my Grandma's yard in Wisconsin, more than 35 years earlier.

The bush is now over 4 feet across and almost 4 feet high. This blossom was so large (almost 6 inches across) and so exquisitely 'pink'. The bright green foliage contrasted beautifully, due to being a bit cloudy that day. I liked it so much I use it as my screensaver.

By Mary CS from Woodridge, Illinois

A pink peony surrounded by green leaves.

Comment Pin it! Like this photo? 7

I always get excited about my first peony bloom of the season. I think they are one of the most beautiful flowers. I wish they lasted longer!

Comment Pin it! Like this photo? 16

I built the bird house and the little chair. Some years the peonies bloom, sometimes not. Sparrows nest in there.

Comment Pin it! Like this photo? 2

This vibrant shocking pink peony is a relative of a peony that dates back to WW2. While it isn't as big as my white peonies, this one holds a special place in my heart since it was from my dear mother-in-law's peony that she transplanted from her home during the 40's.

Comment Pin it! Like this photo? 4

Every spring my peony bush near my driveway entrance at my home has buds on it that blossom into pristine pink blooms that are transparent as the sun catches a petal of the bloom.

Comment Pin it! Like this photo? 1

I took this in mid-May 2012 as my next-door neighbor's garden had its best peony season ever.

Comment Pin it! Like this photo? Yes

This is a close-up of one of my peony blooms after a rain shower.

By Debbie White

Answers:

Garden: Peony Photos

Very pretty. Good luck. (05/26/2010)

By kathleen williams

Garden: Peony Photos

Awesome close up.Thanks for sharing. (05/27/2010)

By Keeper

Comment Pin it! Was this helpful? Yes

These are some pictures of my Mom's Peonies. I think they are just beautiful and so very fragrant

By Debbie from Berwick, ME

Answers:

Garden: Peony Photos

Ooo - I wish I could grow something like that! I don't think peonies do well in the south, tho. Thanks so much for sharing this beauty with us. God bless you.

(07/02/2009)

By Pat Giles

Garden: Peony Photos

Beautiful picture! Peonies are my favorite flower because of their beauty and smell, but most of all they remind me of my beautiful grandmother because they were her favorite as well. I have not yet tried to grow them myself. (07/02/2009)

By Cindy

Comment Pin it! Was this helpful? Yes

Peonies and ants, what to do? You can't have Peonies without ants, as far as I know from experience. The ants love the sweetness of the budding beauty. Don't let that stop you from cutting them and putting them in a vase. Shake them, gently tape them on the ground or flick those little trespassers off with your finger.

The perfume will fill your room. I've brought hundreds of Peonies into my house and never have I gotten invaded by ants. You might get a few, but they won't overtake the premises. If that bothers you, then put them on a covered porch so you can sit and enjoy their scent.

By Deb H. from East Brunswick, NJ

Answers:

Garden: Peony Photos

That sounds fun I am going to plant some this year. I already have morning glories! Robyn (04/29/2009)

By Robyn Fed

Garden: Peony Photos

Just lovely - this is what I miss about living in FL. (05/02/2009)

By Di

Garden: Peony Photos

God gives us all lovely flowers, but sadly HE decided to give us in So.Ca. many plants just as pretty, but no peonies for us. These are pretty enough to eat! Having worked as a floral designer and having peonies shipped in. They didn't have a fragrance after being refrigerated.

sigh. GG Vi (05/02/2009)

By Vi Johnson

Comment Pin it! Was this helpful? Yes

My passion is gardening and one of my many favorites are the Peonies. This Peony is ready to burst into glorious bloom!

Comment Pin it! Was this helpful? Yes

I use the typical peony rings to support those big beautiful blooms, but I also use medium size round tomato cages.

Comment Pin it! Was this helpful? Yes