Perfume Reviews

A variety of perfume bottles
This is a guide about looking for perfume suggestions. Choosing the perfect scent for you to wear can be a challenge.

I have lost about 50 percent of my sense of smell. Can anybody tell me a universal great smelling scent, which seems to smell great on anybody, at any age?

By Mom from Sacramento, CA

Best Answer

I love anything "vanilla". Body Works carries my favorite "Warm Sugar Vanilla" in soap, body wash, etc.

Best Answer

Night Magic Evening Musk from Avon. Its a really nice scent for all ages. Smells a bit like baby powder with vanilla and musky tones ( to me anyways ). Its lovely and comes in all sorts of products.

Best Answer

A perfume which has a musk base is one which many people are happy with. Those fragrances come in all price ranges, so ask your salesperson at your favorite cosmetic counter. Tell her or him how much money you expect to spend, and they can help you select one that is just perfect for you.

Fragrances come in different strengths, and the price is different for each. Perfume is the most expensive and the strongest. Cologne is the lightest in any fragrance line and the least expensive.

Fragrances also smell differently on people depending on body chemistry, so you might ask for samples to try first in order to make a decision.

Your salesperson might ask you a few questions like "What type of clothing do you most often wear?" That might seem strange, but heavier clothing will support a stronger or heavier fragrance.

Colder climates will also support a heavier fragrance than warm weather will. The warmer the weather, the lighter you want your fragrance to be.

Working environments should also be factored into your choice of fragrances. Those people working in food or any medical service or those working in multi-person offices might choose to wear no fragrance at all.

The best of all fragrances is "clean", so it's never really necessary to wear any perfume or cologne unless you just want to because you enjoy it yourself.

Losing your sense of smell cannot be pleasant. I enjoy so much of our world through mine that I have a problem when I have a cold for instance. I feel as though I've lost "my sense of direction" or something.

Hope this helps.

Julia in Boca Raton, FL

Best Answer

I have been wearing Ciara cologne and perfume for about 25 or 30 years, probably. it is a sophisticated, complex blend of the scents the ladies are talking about here, plus just a hint of floral. Even though your sense of smell is compromised now, I am sure you can remember smells. Can you remember ever being near or hugging a lady who just smelled clean, fresh and powdered,with just the tiniest hint of understated perfume?And she smelled DELICIOUS!

I have been receiving compliments from strangers for a quarter of a century...in convenience stores, X-ray changing booths, you name it and a lot of times, they can tell me what I am wearing! I am no longer surprised when someone standing near me asks "Is that Ciara?". It is a long lasting, quality perfume, but is not costly...a bottle of about 2 or 3 ounces of cologne spray will wear all day and still be fragrancing your clothing at night when you take it off, and at about 35 dollars a bottle, that is a bargain!

Best Answer

I only wear Clinique Aromatics Elixer ( sold at Belk's and other good department stores ).

I am 65 and have worn it for at least 20 years and I still love it. It isn't sweet or too heavy but use a light hand; a bottle will last me about 2 years because one small spritz is all it takes and it stays all day.

People come up to me to ask me what I am wearing and that is such a nice compliment.

Best Answer

Egyptian Musk oil. Never have I gotten so many compliments, from men AND women, as when I wear this inexpensive scent. Smells light and clean and fresh.

Best Answer

I used to love the vanilla scent til a co worker would come in smelling like she bathed in gallons of Vanilla Fields perfume. Now, almost anything vanilla gives me a raging headache.

A very beautiful and classic scent I have discovered is Chanel No. 5. Giorgio (classic is best, but Red isn't too bad) are also classic and elegant scents.

Just remember you may have only 50% of your scent ability left, so just do the pulse points and at the top of your bosom. Try not to get on fabrics, though.

I would like some perfume suggestions. I like DKNY Cashmere Mist, but it is pretty common. I like clean, powdery scents, not floral. I really like Yankee Candle's "Clean Cotton" fragrant candles, oils, etc. Unfortunately, they don't make it in a perfume. If anyone has any suggestions as to a perfume I might like, I would appreciate it.

Thanks!
Tracey from Westerville, OH

Answers:

Looking For Perfume Suggestions

Bath and Body Works has just what you're looking for. It's called "Cotton Blossom" and it smells just like Yankee Candle's "Clean Cotton". I think B and BWs also has another cotton fragrance in it's line. Just go in and ask. The staff is very friendly and helpful. (04/28/2008)

By perfume and powder

Looking For Perfume Suggestions

Avon's Mark Products have a scent called "Pure". It is a soft soap like scent, very light and clean. (04/28/2008)

By Tami

Looking For Perfume Suggestions

The only perfume I use is Alyssa Ashley musk oil. The spray just doesn't smell the same on my clothes as the oil does on my skin. I get so many compliments on it even a few obvious sniffers now and again. (04/28/2008)

By Sandy1959

Looking For Perfume Suggestions

There is a site called Knowhow-now.com to find the perfect fragrance just right for you. After you find it go to a site called FragranceX.com and order it. The prices there are really reasonable. I order from there. Hope this helps.

Janette (04/29/2008)

By ashleybunkin

Looking For Perfume Suggestions

I can tell you what perfumes I have right now and I really like. They are Deseo by Jennifer Lopez, and Intimately by Beckham. I love the bottle this one is in, and my favorite one is White by Bvgari.

Janette (04/29/2008)

By ashleybunkin

Looking For Perfume Suggestions

Try Demeter Laundromat, Clean Fresh Laundry, Philosophy Pure Grace, Burberry Baby Touch, Bvlgari Petits et Mamans, Tartine et Chocolat, Estee Lauder White Linen. Mark Pure is wonderful, light floral that never overpowers. I swear it's just the scent of Avon bubble baths made into a cologne. That's what it reminds me of. When I am in search of a new light and fresh smelling cologne, I search online for Baby Cologne and always find something new. Have fun. (04/29/2008)

By Patti

Looking For Perfume Suggestions

I have found that Fendi Pallazzo (get it on eBay) smells just like Clean Cotton home spray. (04/29/2008)

By Christine

Looking For Perfume Suggestions

I like Cashmere, also. Try Burberry Weekend, Daisy by Marc Jacobs, it sounds floral, but it isn't. (04/30/2008)

By Lee

Looking For Perfume Suggestions

I also don't like overly flowery scents. One that I use and get a lot of compliments on is "Dreamlife" by Avon. It has a light, clean, lovely scent. I like to layer it, using the body wash, lotion, powder, and cologne. It smells good, lasts all day and is yet subtle and yummy. And one of the best things about buying Avon is that you can get a sample of the fragrance before you invest in it. Good luck finding your "signature scent". (05/02/2008)

By bailegirl

Looking For Perfume Suggestions

I like Cashmere, too, but also like Perry Ellis 360 degrees. It's very light. (05/03/2008)

By Deb

Looking For Perfume Suggestions

Miracle from Lancome is very light and clean smelling, not strong at all. I get compliments frequently from men and woman who say,"What a light, clean fragrance, what are you wearing?" Try a sample on clean skin and you will see. (05/04/2008)

By Judy P

Looking For Perfume Suggestions

Seriously, try L'Eau d'Issey Parfum from Issey Miyake or Clinique "Happy". (05/22/2008)

Looking For Perfume Suggestions

You might want to consider Light Blue by Dolce and Gabbana. It has a "just came out of the shower" smell that is not flowery. To save $$, get it on eBay. Happy sampling. (05/26/2008)

By Aaron's Mom

Looking For Perfume Suggestions

Philosophy does the most amazing perfume, it smells of clean linen and fresh air. It's called "Pure Grace". It's gorgeous. (06/21/2008)

By Lisa lovely

Looking For Perfume Suggestions

I like Clinique's perfume "Happy" because it is a very light citrus scent along with Clinique's scent "Happy to be", "Tommy Girl" by Tommy Hilfiger is nice too and "Daisy" by Marc Jacobs is also very light, as well as, a scent called Clean. Many of these scents can be found at many stores such as; Sephora, Nordstrom, Macy's etc. I would get some samples from the perfume counters and go from there. (07/07/2008)

By Melissa

Looking For Perfume Suggestions

Try smelling different essential oils, you can mix and match your own to get the exact scent your looking for. Besides, essential oils are inexpensive so you can afford to buy several. The best part is, they contain no harmful chemicals. We tend to put perfume on the most delicate areas of skin, where it absorbs into our system easier. Treat your skin well, its the only skin you got. (06/20/2009)

By GreenGirls